Good News for People Belonging to Minority Sections of India! Recently, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi along with the cabinet, took a decision to benefit 5 Crore Minority Students with Scholarship. This Benefit will be given to the minority beneficiaries via Various Scholarship Schemes. The Minority Affairs Minister, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi clarified that Government has targetted to provide scholarship to 1 Crore minority Students Annually. In this Way, In the upcoming 5 years, 5 Crore Minority Students will be benefitted via various Scholarship Schemes.
As you know various Pre-Matric, Post Matric & Merit-cum-means Scholarship schemes are currently functional in the whole country. After this announcement, the Minority students will get benefits from these Scholarships. One More important thing to understand is that out of a total of 5 Crore Minority beneficiaries, 50% will be Girls.
This number of 5 Crore includes more than 10 Lakh Begum Hazrat Mahal Girls Scholarship for Economical Weaker Sections. The Minority Affairs Minister also said that various other Programs for the upliftment of Minority are to be proposed soon.
Pradhan Mantri Modi Minority Scholarship Scheme 2019
Name of the Program – Minority Scholarship Schemes
Duration – 5 Years
Concerned Ministry – Ministry of Minority Affairs
Concerned Minister – Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Total Beneficiaries – 5 Crore
- All Student who fall under “Minority” Definition will be eligible to avail the benefits. As Per Indian Constitution’s Article 29, Minority is: “any section of citizens having a distinct language, script and culture“
- Article 30 speaks about two categories of minorities — religious and linguistic – while Article 350 relates to linguistic minorities only
- National Commission for Minorities Act has declared five communities — Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis – as religious minorities.
Let us make one thing very clear. There is no single scheme namely PM Minority Scholarship Scheme. It can be seen as a Complete Program that consists of Various Scholarships within itself.
- Here are the Key Features of PM Modi Minority Scholarship Program
- 5 Crore Minority Students to be Benefitted in Next 5 Years
- 50% of Beneficiaries will be Girl Students
- Minorities will get benefit under various Pre-Matric, Post-Matric & Merit-cum-means
- Around 10 Lakh Begum Hazrat Mahal Girls Scholarship will be included in this Program
How to Apply Online for PM Modi Minority Scholarship | Online Application Form
As mentioned before, various scholarship schemes are included in this Program. So, you can’t directly apply for this program. You can Apply for the Components i.e. Pre-matric Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship, etc.
The key benefit of this Program is that the scope of top existing scholarships will be increased to add the minority beneficiaries which include 50% of Girl Students. So, In order to Apply, You can Apply for Pre or Post Matric Scholarship Scheme of your State and avail the Benefits.
As you know, the Main Slogan of Modi Government has been “Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas”. By Announcing this Minority Scholarship Scheme, the government seems to be going on the right path. Still, Many Political influencers are considering this as a publicity stunt.
It is without any doubt, an appreciable step by the government and minority students will be benefitted. More Similar programs should be adopted by State Governments so that Minority Students can get benefits that other mainstream students get.
I hope you like this Article. Feel Free to Share your Thoughts regarding PM Minority Scholarship Scheme 2019, in the comments section.