Kusum Yojana | Kusum Solar Pump Yojana – Kusum Solar Pump Subsidy Scheme Complete Details |Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan | Solar Water Pump Yojana – KUSUM

UPDATE – Kusum Yojana Might be Launched by June 2018.

During the Budget 2018-19 Announcement, a Scheme named as “KUSUM” was announced. The Full Form of KUSUM is Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan. The main objective of this Scheme is to make Solar Pumps to ensure less consumption of electricity. This is a great initiative. This Scheme will not only benefit our Farmers but the whole country not in the farming perspective but also for electricity saving. Under this Scheme, 3 Crore Solar Pumps (Tubewell) will be installed by 2022

In this article, we are sharing all available information regarding this Scheme. Interested Readers are advised to go through the complete article, in order to understand it completely.

Kusum Yojana 

The announcement of SchemeScheme was Announced During Union Budget 2018-19

The aim of the SchemeTo introduce Solar Pumps for Irrigation Purposes.

Total Amount to be Spent for Kusum Yojana1.40 Lakh Crore (Central Govt. will Contribute 48 Thousand Crore, Farmer will pay Only 10% and Remaining 45 Crore Will be arranged via Bank Loan)

Total Number of Solar Pumps to be Installed Around 3 Crore



Farmers are the Pride of country. They Work hard to cultivate food items that people buy from Malls & Big Shops. We should not forget that our Farmer Brothers & Sisters are the e backbone of this country. Government understand their contribution and that’s why we are seeing new schemes for the welfare of Farmers. One Such revolutionary Scheme is KUSUM – Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan.

Benefits of Kusum Solar Pump Subsidy Scheme

  • Under this Scheme, the farmer will have to borne only 10% of the cost. The remaining 90% of the cost will be borne by the government. This scheme will cost around 1.40 Lakh Crore to the government. Electricity Minister, R.K Singh told that Proposal has already been sent to Cabinet.In the First Phase of Kusum Yojana, only Diesel Pumps will be included. Around 17.5 Lakh  Diesel Pumps will be converted into Solar Pumps in the First Phase.
  • This Scheme will not only save electricity consumption but also produce Around 28 Thousand Mega Watt additional electricity from solar power
  • This Scheme will Benefit the Farmers in Two Ways –
  1. The will get free Electricity for Irrigation and,
  2. Any Extra Electricity can be sent to the Grid and Earn Good Money

The Subsidy amount will be transferred directly into the bank accounts of the Farmers.

Eligibility Criteria for this Scheme –

  • All Farmers are Eligible under this Scheme

Kusum Yojana Apply | Online Registration | Application Form

The most important aspect related to Kusum Yojana is, How to Apply and avail the benefit of this Scheme. It is expected that a dedicated portal will be launched where users will be able to register themselves. They will have to fill in the online Application form and provide the asked details.

Once any official details regarding applying for this scheme are revealed we will update you right here. Till then you are advised to Press Ctrl+Enter+D and keep checking this page from time to time.

Kusum Yojana Official Notification 2018

Although the scheme has been announced During Union Budget, The Implementation is to be started yet. Recently Concerned Minister, Mr Anand Kumar has Given Indication that this Scheme will Begin by June 2018. As Soon as the Scheme is Launched, We will Provide you with the Official notification to Download. Below is the Link to PIB Page about KUSUM Scheme.

Kusum Yojana 2018 PIB