NITI Aayog Launched “Atal new India Challenge” on 26th April 2018| New Programme under Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) | Complete Details of “Atal New India Challenge” | Online Registration/Application Form Filling @ AIM Website i.e. aim.gov.in
India is a developing country. There are numerous areas where a lot of work has to done yet. NITI Aayog has an important component that is known as Atal Innovation Mission (AIM). Atal Innovation Mission aims to Promote Culture of Innovation & Entrepreneurship. Recently a new initiative has been started under this mission which is Atal New India Challenge.
Atal New India Challenge is a Scheme that aims to support innovators so that they can create Products based on Advanced technologies in the Areas of National Importance and social relevance. This all will be done through a grant based mechanism.
The Vision of Atal New India Challenge is to :
- Help Create Products from Existing Technologies relevant for National and Social Causes
- Help New Deep-Tech Products Find Markets and Early Customers (Commercialization)
In Simple Terms, Atal New India Challenge is a Program that will encourage MSME’s, Startups, R&D Organizations, Academicians & Innovators to build products of Nation’s Interest from Existing technologies. Under this Scheme, Innovators or Entrepreneurs can win upto Rs. 1 Crore. Currently, Under this Program there are total 17 Focus Areas.
Atal New India Challenge – Complete Details 2018
Main Authority – Niti Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
Other Concerned Authorities: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
Official Name of the Program – Atal New India Challenge
Who is Eligible to Take Part? – MSMEs, Startups, R&D Organizations, Academicians & Innovators
Mode of Submitting Application – Online
Last Date to Submit Online Application Form – 10th June 2018
Focus Areas under this Program – Total 17 Focus Areas which are 1)Climate-Smart Agriculture, 2)Fog Vision System for Road & Rail, 3)Systems to Predict, Identify and Recognize Rail Failure using Technologies, 4)Predictive Maintenance of Rolling Stock, 5)Alternate Fuel Based Transportation, 6)Smart Mobility, 7)Electric Mobility, 8)Safe Transport, 9)Instant Portable Water Quality Testing, 10)Affordable Desalination/Recycling Technology, 11)Waste Management Recycling and Reuse, 12)Garbage Composition Devices, 13)Quality of Compost, 14)Decentralized Composting, 15)Mixing blades for Composting, 16)Waste in Public Spaces, 17)Dissuading Public Littering
You must be interested to Find out, who is Eligible to Apply under this Program. Here are the Details :
- Any Indian Company that is incorporated under the Companies Act 1956/2013, Primarily as MSME as defined in the MSMED Act,2006
- Government or Private R&D Organizations (Other than Railway R &D Organization), Academicians, Individual Innovators, Academic Institutions
Note – In case you are an Individual and Looking to Apply for this Program, It is mandatory to partner with entities able to manufacture, market & Scale their Products.
In order to Submit the Atal New India Challenge Online Application Form, You need to Provide Following Information:
- Proposed Product along with the Patent Number or Reference to the peer-reviewed paper
- Expected Market Size of the Proposed Product
- The ability of the Product to Address the Market
- Proposed Partnerships to Design, Test, Pilot and Deploy the Product
Atal New India Challenge: Apply Online | Application Form | Applicant Registration
As mentioned before, an Interested and Eligible applicant needs to Fill in the Online Application Form. Below we have mentioned the complete procedure of Atal New India Challenge Online Registration:
- First of All, Visit the Official Website of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) aim.gov.in
- Once you are on the main page, Click on the Link “Atal New India Challenge”
- Now, You need to Click on “Apply Now”
- Note – In Order to Understand the scheme in a better way, You can Click on the “Overview” Link & Study the Program in Details
- After this, An Online Application Form Will Open up
- Fill in all the sections of the Online form Correctly
- In the End, you need to Upload Your “Business Plan” and “Self Declaration Form”
- Hit the “Submit” Button to Submit the Application Form
Note – Do Submit Your Application by 10th June 2018
How Will the Received Applications be Evaluated?
All the Received Applications will be evaluated by a Duly Constituted Committee.
The Selection of Application will be done on the basis of these Parameters :
- Identification of Market for Product & It’s Estimated Size
- Clear Explanation of Business Model and Working Plan to Deploy Technologies
- Identification of Appropriate Market Partners or Channels
Money Grant Under Atal New India Challenge Scheme:
Depending on the Business Plan, Applicants will be Given Grant money which should be spent on Following areas :
- Market Assessment
- Pilot Implementation
- Early Consumer Partnerships
- Targeted Marketing and Customer Engagement
Atal New India Challenge Scheme/Yojana – Truth Behind Rs. 1 Crore Grant Reward
It is True that under this Scheme, Grant Support of up to 1 Crore can be given. However, this will not happen in every case. Depending on the Proposal of the Applicant, if the Concerned Committee finds the proposal interesting, Maximum Money Grant of Rs. 1 Crore can be Given to the Applicant.